Partner/Spouse Visa

Home|Partner/Spouse Visa
migration services

Partner/spouse visa

Are you thinking about applying for your partner visa? If yes, then you need to have sufficient knowledge about the whole procedure. You need to have perfect guidance from an expert who knows the intricacies of the procedure.

You can get a partner visa if you are engaged, married, or in a de facto relationship with permanent resident or Australian citizen. Eagle Migration offers assistance with all visa subclasses for partners and spouses. We Endeavor to make the application process trouble-free and smooth for you so that you can spend your quality time planning your life in Australia. Our team provides quality guidance in the best possible manner so that you can get the right visa.

visa available for partner/spouse
in australia

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry’s standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

prospective marriage visa (subclass 300)

This visa is a temporary visa valid up to 9 months from the date it is granted.
This visa allows individuals who are lawfully settled in Australia to bring their betrothed partner to Australia to get married. If the applicant meets all the requirements he/she can be permitted to enter Australia. Once the marriage has been solemnized, the applicant can immediately apply for the partner/spouse visa requesting leave to remain in Australia for a permanent basis.

Eligibility requirements

Both the partners must meet the minimum age criteria i.e. 18 years of age.

They both have met each other before applying.

They must have the intention to get married and living together after marriage.

Must be of the opposite sex. It is noted that couples of the same sex are not eligible for this visa subclass. Our expert will guide you accordingly.

Your partner must be lawfully settled in Australia having no restriction on their stay. You must mention anything otherwise if any.

You must be outside Australia at the time of the application.

The health and financial requirements must meet the standards.

what you can do once you are granted this visa?

You can enter Australia at least once before marriage.

You can marry your partner, either inside or outside Australia, provided you have entered at least once before marrying.

You can leave and re-enter Australia until the expiry of the visa i.e. up to 9 months from the date it is granted.

You can work.

Eligible to apply for a partner visa after marriage.

Note: It must be noted that as the holder of a prospective marriage visa, you are required to get married within 9 months from the date, the visa is granted else you would be required to get back to your country.

After the marriage, you can immediately apply for permanent resident through a two-stage Partner visa process that includes Temporary Partner Visa for 2 years and then a permanent partner visa.

partner visa onshore
(temporary / permanent)

partner visa subclass 820 (temporary)

Partner Visa Subclass 820 is a temporary visa that allows applicants to live in Australia who are already married or in a de facto relationship with their partner who is already a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or eligible New Zealand citizen. After getting the Partner Visa Subclass 820, the applicant may apply for a permanent Visa Subclass 801. The temporary visa remains valid until a decision is made for applying a permanent visa that is generally two years after the temporary visa is granted.

partner visa subclass 801 (permanent)

This visa lets the applicant who is already residing in Australia for a temporary basis and married or in de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, or PR of Australia, or an eligible citizen of New Zealand to live in Australia for long term basis.

eligibility requirements

The applicant’s partner must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia, or Eligible New Zealand citizen.

Applicant must hold temporary Partner Visa (Subclass 820)

In the case of married couples, they must have obtained their marriage certificate. In the case of a de facto relationship, the applicant must show evidence of the genuine and continuing relationship.

Applicant must meet the necessary health and character requirements.

Applicant must conform with other Australian laws.

Partner Visa Offshore (Temporary / Permanent)

This visa is commonly applied by the applicants who live outside Australia and are married or in a de-facto relationship with a person who is legally settled in Australia as a citizen or PR.

Temporary Partner Visa Subclass 309

First, you have to apply for a temporary partner visa (Subclass 309) that allows you to reside in Australia till the time your Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 100) is getting processed.
Note: It must be noted here that the applicant must be outside Australia at the time of applying of temporary Partner Visa (subclass 309). Once the visa is granted you can stay for 15 to 24 months depending upon the circumstances.

Subclass 100 Migrant Visa

This visa makes you eligible to stay in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen. You must hold a temporary partner visa for applying (subclass 100) migrant visa.

Eligibility Requirements

The applicant’s partner must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia, or Eligible New Zealand citizen.

Proof of long-lasting and continuing relationship.

Applicant must hold a temporary subclass 309 partner visa.

Must conform to other requirements.

Documents Required for applying for partner Visa

Birth Certificate

Character Certificate

Certified copy of the first page of the passport

Photo Identification document

Marriage certificate/ proof of long-lasting relationship

Recent passport-sized photographs.

Want to apply for partner/spouse Visa, book a Migration Expert now and keep aside your worries. Have trouble-free fly to Australia with us.

Talk to the Experts